This growing Northern CA tech company needs a Chief Information Security Officer. The chosen individual will be an integral part of creating and protecting the companies’ data and reputation. The CISO will work hand in hand with the executive team, business managers to establish security policies, procedures, and protocols and develop methods for continual improvement.
In this role as CISO, you will develop and manage the security and policy procedures and associated team. Specifically:
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of an enterprise technical environment and system administration actions.
- Provide Vulnerability Management oversight.
- Support secure system development life-cycles.
- Maintain and promote secure tools and infrastructure.
- Oversee cyber security controls for tactical systems that operate in unique environments.
- Evaluate technologies and architectural frameworks for implementation within high stress performance environments.
- Evaluate Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) and similar artifacts.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related information technology field. MBA or advanced degree preferable.
- Seven (7) years of related work experience in information security standards and procedures; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- IT security certification (e.g., CISSP, CISA, CISM, etc.) required.
- Strong business acumen and ability to articulate cyber security matters at the Board-level.
- Extensive knowledge of cyber security trends, and regulation domestically.
- Deep understanding of cyber security threat landscape and solutions and protection strategies currently available.
- A track record of defining and executing security strategies and road maps for a mid-sized or large organization.
- Proven experience setting and executing cyber security marketing campaigns in the financial services market
- Excellent communication skills with day-to-day interaction with C-level execs and with their team.
Salary: To be determined; highly competitive.
Benefits: Highly competitive benefits – health, dental, vision benefits; 401(k) match; life insurance, etc.
Travel: To other corporate locations in the US periodically, and international travel may be required.