In the Role of Vice President (VP) of Application development you will be responsible for the management of application development and software delivery for the company. In this position, you will help foster growth and efficiencies for the company with delivery of high-quality, integrated software solutions.
- Manage application development team leaders, establish clear goals, motivate, and oversee coaching and career development.
- Provide guidance and standards for the planning and prioritization of resource conflicts, customer demands, and support issues.
- Oversight of technical processes from design through development, testing, and deployment to ensure the software comes to life as designed and moves smoothly to production.
- Work with the development managers to establish and maintain standards, design patterns, and frameworks for future projects.
- Proactively study and analyze other technologies, standards and practices for continuous improvement and to ensure quality of implementation.
- Work with application development managers to ensure that analysts, project managers, and product owners are providing appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products and projects effectively.
- Collaborate cybersecurity stakeholders in defining the strategy and vision and with developers in defining development methodologies to support the Information Security goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree or professional certification is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years software development management.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years experience designing, developing and delivering software products.
- AS/400 applications, ColdFusion, and CA PLEX generated RPG code.