Lead the department for this 3PL provider in accordance with the Corporate Mission, Core Values and Leadership Principles. Primary responsibilities of this position include Reviewing, supporting, and improving requirements presented by company leadership and stakeholders.
- Development – Oversee and write server and client-side code, understand/influence/ mentor/enforce coding standards and best practices, work with well-defined version control processes, write and execute PL/SQL scripts, perform application and feature design and re-factoring, and troubleshoot complex software problems.
- Quality – Execute and oversee the testing process, including: unit, integration, regression, and performance with a focus on minimizing defects and rework.
- Deployment – Participate in the production and non-production deployment process.
- Support – Provide application, database, and console support for production and non-production issues.
- Environment – Create, configure, maintain, and monitor application environments.
- Scoping – Create tasks and provide scopes for change requests, strategic projects, user stories, customer on-boarding requests, and defects.
- Planning and Execution – Oversight in planning and management of development resources, plan and schedule releases, and train/cross-train other members of the team.
- Process – Responsible for managing all development process, such as iteration management, quality control, or user experience.
- Provide support for implementations to Sales, Executives, Customers, Business Analysts and Technical Support.
- Own and manage one or more development process or practice area, such as architecture.
- ·Application Design & Development with thorough and practical understanding of how software applications and frameworks are created, designed, implemented, re-factored, tested, deployed and supported throughout their life-cycle.
- Database Design with thorough and practical understanding of how to design database objects, such as schemas, tables, and other associated database objects.
- Program Methodology
- Frameworks: JSF/RichFaces, Hibernate/JPA, Seam, jQuery, junit, Bootstrap, Swing, Struts